When I see a Jeep Grand Wagoneer parked on the street, I stop and smile. I used to have one back in college. I Ioved its clean lines and powerful V-8. The Grand Wagoneer was the first luxury sport utility vehicle. Not only was it a smooth ride, it was a piece of history. I remember growing up listing to my mother's friends talk about the cars they drove in their youth. I would sit with my mouth open as they discussed 55 Chevy's and GTOs. Amazed, I would ask what happened to them and their answers never made sense, " Oh, I got married," "It wasn't practical anymore," "It smelled like gas," or "I sold it for parts." Imbeciles! All of them. I swore I would never make that mistake, but I was wrong. Losing my Wagoneer causes a pain so sharp, I cover it with a smile.
Thursday, December 6, 2007
Grand Wagoneer
When I see a Jeep Grand Wagoneer parked on the street, I stop and smile. I used to have one back in college. I Ioved its clean lines and powerful V-8. The Grand Wagoneer was the first luxury sport utility vehicle. Not only was it a smooth ride, it was a piece of history. I remember growing up listing to my mother's friends talk about the cars they drove in their youth. I would sit with my mouth open as they discussed 55 Chevy's and GTOs. Amazed, I would ask what happened to them and their answers never made sense, " Oh, I got married," "It wasn't practical anymore," "It smelled like gas," or "I sold it for parts." Imbeciles! All of them. I swore I would never make that mistake, but I was wrong. Losing my Wagoneer causes a pain so sharp, I cover it with a smile.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment