Friday, February 22, 2008

Indecent Proposal

This event happened almost a year ago today.

I was standing in my girlfriend’s bedroom staring into a wooden box when it became clear, my girlfriend had great sex with someone Famous. Who is “Famous”? It’s not important. I don't care if “Famous” is considered a sex symbol. I don't care if “Famous” has washboard abs. And, I certainly don't care about “Famous” struggle transitioning from modeling to acting. What I do care about is how he came into my world and reminded me of an awful dating truth. I am replaceable.

Her acting teacher introduced them. She was asked to help out because “Famous” needed help becoming a believable cowboy. Who better to help him feel more like a real man than my girlfriend. I know they've talk on the phone; he showed up at her work twice; and I also know he gave her a foot massage during one of their sessions. I know all of this because she told me. She’s cool like that. She feels by keeping me in the loop I'll be less jealous and she's right; however, there's one piece of evidence we have not discussed, the open box by her bed. I'm intimately acquainted with this box. When we started dating I was in the box every night sometimes more than once. As our relationship grew we decided we didn’t need to open the box and it remained closed until now.

Today

I didn’t mention the open box for months. I figured if she stayed after experiencing “Famous,” it was a compliment to me and practice for the future. The replaceable truth of dating an actress is you must share her and hopefully she'll come back.

2 comments:

Unknown said...

is it a real box, or pandora's box, or a codeword for the booty box

Unknown said...

wow! that's a very sad and a very conferting exceping on your part ...
:)