I was coming home this morning and saw a rat. When I used to visit the city the subway rats made me cringe. They were shocking to see down on the tracks. After I lived here for a while I began to look forward to seeing them. I would watch them pick through garbage, run from trains and marvel at their obesity. I felt connected to them through their own struggle for survival. The subway became my own rat farm. Today however, I felt betrayed. Us subway riders and rats have an understanding. They stay down on the tracks and we stay on the platform. This disrespectful scoundrel broke the rules and made me feel like a tourist in my own city. What a lowlife.
Wednesday, November 28, 2007
Rats
I was coming home this morning and saw a rat. When I used to visit the city the subway rats made me cringe. They were shocking to see down on the tracks. After I lived here for a while I began to look forward to seeing them. I would watch them pick through garbage, run from trains and marvel at their obesity. I felt connected to them through their own struggle for survival. The subway became my own rat farm. Today however, I felt betrayed. Us subway riders and rats have an understanding. They stay down on the tracks and we stay on the platform. This disrespectful scoundrel broke the rules and made me feel like a tourist in my own city. What a lowlife.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment