Wednesday, November 28, 2007

Confession

I lied to Mr. Chen my dry cleaner.  I was doing my laundry at his shop when he asked if I would like to take my dry cleaning with me.  I told him I didn't have my wallet.  

Most people would describe Mr. Chen as unfriendly or as one woman put it, "Bastard."  I have spent the last year trying to get into his good graces.  Just last month, I was walking by his shop and he chased me down screaming "Idiot!  Idiot!'  I 'll admit I was scarred.  He then reached into his pocket and pulled out a sock.   I realized he was not insulting me but asking, "Is it yours?  Is it yours?"  

Mr. Chen and I have come along way in the past year.  I wish I would have told him the truth that I just couldn't afford to pay him right then.  I think he would have respected me.  Instead, I feel like an idiot!  

No comments: