Tuesday, January 22, 2008
Heath Ledger
Heath Ledger died two blocks from my apt. I was on my way to the pharmacy when I saw paparazzi setting up. I ask a woman hanging out what happened and she hesitantly replied, "Heath Ledger is dead... possible drugs or suicide." I was shaken up. I liked Heath as an actor and I became even more upset realizing I knew possibly before his own mother. I arrived when there were just a few onlookers. Most were people were like myself confused because we felt a connection to a man we never met, yet grateful for his art. As the paparazzi took over the area the atmosphere changed. I over heard a voice on a papo's two way radio directing the photographer to stay for the body. The chilling calm of the voice and the growing rowdiness of the crowd signaled it was my time to leave. For a few minutes proper respect was being payed and I'm glad to have witnessed it.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment