Saturday, October 18, 2008

Conversations with Adrienne


Adrienne: That story with the waiter and the check really bothers me.

Aaron: You mean Single Bill?

Adrienne: Yeah, you'd never do that. Would you?

Aaron: I don’t know, obviously not with you but I don’t think its so bad.

Adrienne: You don’t?

Aaron: No. I think it’s funny.

Adrienne: It’s lying. He’s a coward. Why not just take the check and tell her you need help paying the bill. What’s wrong with that?

Aaron: Nothing. But why is it assumed that a woman shouldn’t pay. Why should he even have to ask for help? Shouldn’t she assume responsibility for her half?

Adrienne: Of course but that’s not the issue I’m talking about telling a waiter to bring the check back because you don’t have the balls to say moneys tight is bullshit.

Aaron: Yeah, I guess your right but that’s what makes it so funny.

Adrienne: Not to me.

No comments: